Silent Ramblings of an Explosive Mind

Who knew what goes on beyond the scenes in my mind and heart all at once?

Sunday, April 10, 2005

I'm tired....



I love my family...my parents....my husband adores my parents, but we hate their comments. I preface this list with please don't judge my parents. I know them better than you....and I know what they do is out of love - it just comes out wrong at times with certain subjects. And I have told them how their words affects us. But after a period of time, it returns. They are older and it happens. Any advice is welcome, just try to also see my overprotective parents side. I can't change them (I've tried) so what can one do?

~I'm tired of my mom always vocalizing her saddness at my lifestyle. I'm stressed at my job, NOT my marriage, or lifestyle.
~I'm tired of my parents blaming my husband for our current lifestyle.
~I'm tired of my parents feeling sorry for me.
~I'm tired of my parents always judging my husband.
~I'm tired of my parents always stating their concern for the wellfare of our offspring because mom works - lots of moms work and their kids turn out great. Don't judge working moms!!!
~I'm tired of my mom (whom I knows does it out of love and words it wrong) tempting me to blame my husband for all this.
~ I'm tired of my mom saying "I don't know how you do it."
~I'm tired of my mom complementing my strength, yet basically implying my husband has none, nor the work ethic I have.
~ I'm tired of my parents always sneaking in a comment - even when I ask them to stop. It's like that get it that it hurts me and stop, then they can't help themselves after some time has passed.
~I'm tired of my parents always worried about my husband's health and that he'll die at any time (hello!! We all can!).

I'm just tired of the peanut gallery.

I do love them unconditionally, and admire them, and know they love us so much. I know my mom says what she says because she was a young widow once. She's been there, and wants me to "be prepared." I'm my dad's only "little girl" and he is getting older and worried about all things.

I just get tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home