Silent Ramblings of an Explosive Mind

Who knew what goes on beyond the scenes in my mind and heart all at once?

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

*GASP*

First off - thanks to all the comments to the below entries....sorry I've been AWOL - it's been busy lately. Welcome to all of you!!!! Welcome to a dose of reality, my style.

Next....the point of this brief, but important entry....

For the first time in months - MONTHS - (ok we've had some, but mostly the "mercy" type for him after all he's been through and done for me....I've just been too tired to be "all there" - I've even fallen asleep once.....WHAT THE HECK???!!!!) my husband and I had a ROMANTIC, INTIMATE, AMAZING, Friday.

I got off work early, and we were pretty much alone most of the afternoon because of
"nap schedules" and OH. MY. GOSH. I was so not stressed, and feeling in love, and feeling like I did pre-motherhood....it was incredible.

We took our time....drew it out...never said a word....and it was all LOVE and passion, in sync (hense no words needed), natural, new, adventurous....

The evening after bedtime was much of the same....it was amazing. It was like all the stress and crap was GONE and we were back in the early days. The intimate side of our marriage needed that....badly.

The rest of the weekend brought back reality - but we still could hold on to those moments....and could look at each other slyly, with a wink and a smile and a touch.

I'm still smiling.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen Strange said...

good for you!!! ;o)

Jen

6:36 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Yowsers!! Sounds positively wonderful. :) Glad you could reconnect. (So to speak. Hee hee hee.)

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Becca. You guys totally deserved some quality time.

7:56 PM  
Blogger humble servant said...

So glad to hear that you found a better way to spend your afternoon off. :)

Makes me laugh that I was thinking of you as we were driving out of Atlanta, hoping you'd have a good afternoon even though we couldn't see each other again before I came home. ha! You were having a much better time than I. Though, it must have been in the air.... A and I have found some time this week to renew our intimacy.

So happy to hear that you are taking advantage of privacy before going to mom's. :)

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home